Research Scientist/Engineer - Center for Research Excellence in Renewable Energy, Research Institute
Dhahran – Saudi Arabia
Both male and female applicants are encouraged to apply!
Documents Needed to Apply
The Center has vacancies for Full Time Highly-qualified Researchers, with good experience in:
• Efficient solar cell for harsh weather conditions,
• Surface engineering and texturing for solar cell,
• Materials development for emerging and harsh weather compatible solar cells design,
• Glazing and coating technologies, particularly in PV applications,
• Self-cleaning surfaces & coating for solar energy applications,
• Harsh weather compatible thin film solar cell,
• Inorganic solar cell,
• Solar energy conversion & utilization
• Solar power generation & systems,
• Solar energy for cooling & heating applications,
• Solar energy for desalination applications,
• Integration of solar systems with buildings,
• Photovoltaic modules design & reliability,
• Thermal and electrical energy storage,
• Renewable energy applications for buildings, industry and agriculture,
• Energy efficiency & management in buildings and industrial sectors,
• Renewable energy policies, standards, & auditing,
• Techno-economic studies of renewable energy systems,
• Electrical grid-connected of renewable energy systems,
• Demand response integrated with renewable energy systems,
• Micro-grids operated through renewable energy systems.
• Hybrid (mix) generation including electricity storage
1. Should be capable of preparing research proposals (both fundamental and industrial client proposals) in accordance with the Center needs.
2. Should be capable of upgrading and revising the individual works according to the demand of the center.
3. Should be able to contribute to the ongoing research in the center.
4. Can participate in the development of courses and short courses.
5. The candidate should produce research and publish findings or creative works in addition to advising graduate students.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. The appointment includes the following benefits according to the university policy.
1. Tax free salary.
2. Free furnished air-conditioned on-campus housing unit with free essential utilities and maintenance.
3. Air ticket/s to Dhahran on appointment.
4. Annual repatriation air ticket/s for family members up to four persons.
5. 30 days of paid vacation.
6. Assistance with local tuition fees for school-aged dependent children.
7. Transportation allowance
8. Free health care at KFUPM Clinic
9. End-of-service gratuity after two (2) years of continuous service.
The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including a medical and dental clinic, health club with swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation center and a private beach.
Ph.D. in Engineering and Science relevant to the center need as in the job description: Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering/Science, Energy Engineering, Architecture and Building Engineering, Physics/Chemistry, Chemical Engineering & Electrical Engineering.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Applications are invited for faculty positions at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
2. Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the University.
Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
KFUPM Box 5005, Dhahran 31261
Telephone: +966 13 860-7854
Fax: +966 13 860-2442