CIRCLE in collaboration with TechRock, and Lean In China bring She Loves Tech to Pakistan! If you have an idea with the potential to create vibes across the globe, this is your chance to shine! She Loves Tech is a global startup competition that presents opportunities to women entrepreneurs. Here's an extract from their website regarding the competition, eligibility, and the prizes for your hard work!!
"She Loves Tech is a global initiative showcasing the convergence of the latest trends in technology, entrepreneurship, innovation and the opportunities it creates for women. It consists of an annual global startup competition and international conference series.
1. All applications must be submitted online and in english.
2. The deadline for applications is June 23, 2017.
*Please note that a panel of industry specialists will be reviewing BPs and shortlisting finalists for the round. All finalists will be informed 7-10 days before the competition.
STAGE: Seeking Angel, Seed or Series A funding (Under US$3m funding raised)
(a) At least one female entrepreneur in founding team who is using technology to solve a problem
(b) any entrepreneur, male or female, who is using technology to impact women positively:
• Are a significant proportion of end-users female?
• Are products specifically designed with women users in mind?
• Does the product itself address a problem that disproportionately affects women?
The use of science and innovation to invent useful things or to solve problems. This extends beyond digital, information or internet-based technology and covers everything from hardware to the creation of new product and solutions to existing problems.
We are open to accepting startups from all industries, with a particular focus on startups in these verticals:
• Fin Tech (finance)
• Consumer Tech (e-commerce, big data)
• Med Tech (medicine)
• Edu Tech (education)
• Agri Tech (agriculture)
• Clean Energy
• Internet of Things
• B to B Solutions
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including market opportunity, scalability and growth potential, innovation and creativity, calibre of founder and team, and last but not least, women impact.
Prizes & Benefits
The top team from She Loves Tech Pakistan 2017 will receive:
• Spot to pitch on international stage at finals in Beijing, China (September 16, 2017)
• Week-long boot camp (September 11-15, 2017) in Beijing, China consisting of talks and panels relating to globalization, the Chinese market and the latest technology trends, visits to leading tech companies, networking opportunities, and personalized pitch preparation workshops (accommodation covered)
• Pass to the She Loves Tech 2017 Conference in Beijing, China (September 16, 2017)
• Access to Overseas Talent Entrepreneurship Conference’s (OTEC) resources (including but not limited to visa, business establishment and investment matching support in Beijing, China)
• Opportunity to apply for the Phoenix Plan grant of 100,000 RMB in Beijing’s Chaoyang District
• Listed in 36Kr Investor Assistant, China’s leading startup database, which has access to 8000 investors
• Intensive global media exposure including features in 36Kr, All China Tech, E27, ELLE etc.
• Mentorship with Chinaccelerator
• Other mentorship, networking and investment Opportunities (Teja Ventures, a venture capital fund with a gender lens, SOSV, #1 in VC seed funding for female-founded startups (TechCrunch), and other affiliate funds of the She Loves Tech global initiative will also be actively looking to invest in women impact startups from the competition)
*More prizes coming soon
Learn more at www.shelovestech.org"
It is definitely big news when President Obama invites Jehan Ara - President for P@SHA (Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT and ITES), and The Nest I/O, to speak at the 7th Annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Stanford University, California.
Jehan Ara is the face of the Pakistani IT industry, a phenomenally big name in the rising Pakistani entrepreneurial market, and a beacon of bright inspiration for Pakistani women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) fields. The said email invitation is for Jehan Ara as a panel member for discussion over a very interesting topic: "Investing in South Asia: "What's Next for Entrepreneurship in India, Pakistan, and Beyond," and Jehan Ara is the ideal candidate for this job.
Even Obama invites Jehan Ara!!
The Women Engineers Pakistan has always been proud of Jehan Ara. She has been a role model for numerous women in Pakistan, a pioneer paving the way for others and a leader lighting the path ahead for new comers. The fact that Obama invites Jehan Ara to represent Pakistan, and that The White House is fully aware of her capabilities is nothing short of fantastic in the progress picture for the country.
Now What Though?
Rising tide of Young Entrepreneurs in Pakistan
Pakistan is now home to one of the world’s largest populations of young people. As per Peace & Conflict Monitor, Pakistan is among some of the very young counties, some of them with "..two-thirds of their populations under the age of thirty." The population of the country is about 200 million people, and imagine how much this can be worth when 70 percent of them are within the age group of 25-30. Jehan Ara has always been a proponent of fresh ideas and we are sure she will be highlighting this asset. As we can see from the Population Pyramid Youth Bulge for Pakistan by the US Bureau of Census, the USA is not unaware of Pakistan's young potential. And the Global Entrepreneurship Summit is the perfect place for a nice little refresher.
Jehan Ara leads P@SHA, and The Next I/O, both of which are directly linked with a large number of young Pakistani entrepreneurs. Having their best interests at heart, Jehan will most probably try to direct international interests toward investment in various Pakistani start-ups. Maybe pitching ideas like Virtual Speed Dating, or Shark Tank mock-ups might help.
Visa Issues for Pakistani Entrepreneurs
Undoubtedly, this is the most problematic avenue for most Pakistanis. The US Department of State seems to be a bit more stringent on policies for a Pakistani passport. Inviting more entrepreneurs from this country can greatly benefit the USA on frontiers of growth and diversity. Who knows, it might even help put an end to extremist stereotypes.
Growth of Female Entrepreneurs
The USA has always been an avid supporter of women empowerment. Pakistan offers a whopping statistic of 50% women in its population. Directing interests towards the growth of women can help nurture better support for future generations. As she herself said,
"Start-up" is the new "BIG-THING" today. But running a new business, and being organized at it from the get-go is no easy feat! (Trust us, we've been through it!!) Ladies and Gents, we introduce to you the 16 best Start-up Apps that will transform your entrepreneurial run from a chaotic nightmare to a steady stream.
What does Every Entrepreneur Need? Our 16 Best Start-up Apps!!
Choose from our list of 16 best Start-up Apps, and breeze through your business like a pro! Because what does every entrepreneur want? MORE PROGRESS, LESS CHAOS!!!
6. Office Suite:
11. Square Register:
13. Davinci Virtual:
Be the change you want to see.